This is a comprehensive list of healings and casting out demons in the New Testament. I use it whenever I teach my School of Deliverance and Healing. I briefly go over each incident of healing and deliverance with the students.
I do this because I want them to know that the New Testament is filled with examples of supernatural healing and deliverance from demons. I want them to see that supernatural power was never limited to Jesus and the apostles. It is for those who believe the Bible.
Use the List of Healings and Deliverances to Be Filled With the Holy Spirit
Being filled with the Holy Spirit is often the most exciting and powerful manifestation a saint experiences. Perhaps this is simply because there is only one first time. So that initial baptism of the Holy Ghost can be phenomenal.
Nonetheless, God is infinite. He has more. Don’t let anyone convince you otherwise.
Paul told the Ephesian church this:
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation [to dissolve, break apart, come to nothing], but be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father…Ephesians 5:18-20
Paul lists some of the ways you can be refilled with the Holy Spirit:
- Speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs
- Singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord
- Giving thanks for all things in the name of the Lord Jesus
Speak to one another.
Sing to yourself and the Lord.
Go overboard with spoken gratitude to the Lord.
These things attract the manifest presence and power of the Holy Spirit among you, within you, and upon you. You just never know what good thing may happen when you do this.
We do know this, however. Paul told the Ephesian saints this was being filled with the Spirit.
How to Use the List of Healings and Deliverances
All you do is slowly read over the list. Preferably read it out aloud. Think on these events. Speak to yourself as you read them. Tell yourself that the Lord hasn’t changed. Tell the Lord that you know He hasn’t changed.
If you are active in taking healing and deliverance to others, specifically look at those examples where God used people other than the apostles. Look at that rascal in Mark 9.
Look at Stephen in Acts 6 and Phillip in Acts 8 and meditate on the fact that they were not apostles. Do the same for the guy who laid hands on Paul in Acts 9 and got him healed and filled with the Holy Spirit.
Go on. I’ve done the work of putting the Scriptures together for you. Now you get to do the fun part of getting before the Lord and meditating upon His Word and being filled again with the precious Holy Spirit!
Some of our Baptists brothers and sisters have tried to convince us no one but apostles ever healed the sick and cast out demons. But you know otherwise.
Read these passages aloud and minister faith to your heart. Invite the Holy Spirit to fill you again and to manifest Himself in signs, miracles, and wonders. Ask Him to manifest Himself in, upon, and around you.
List of Healings in the Book of Matthew
- Jesus Heals a Great Multitude (4:23-25).
- Jesus Heals a Leper (8:1-4).
- Jesus Heals the Centurion’s Paralyzed Servant (8:5-13).
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law (8:14-15).
- Jesus Heals a Crowd after the Sabbath’s Sunset (8:16-17).
- Jesus Heals Two Severely Demonized Men (8:28-34).
- Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man (9:1-8).
- Jesus Raises a Ruler’s Daughter from the Dead (9:18-19, 23-26).
- Jesus Heals a Lady of a Hemorrhage (9:20-22).
- Jesus Heals Two Blind Men (9:27-31).
- Jesus Heals a Mute Man (9:32-34).
- Jesus Heals Individuals and Crowds throughout Various Cities (9:35-38).
- Jesus Gives Power to His Disciples to Heal the Sick and Cast out Demons (10:1-8).
- Jesus Uses His Healings and Deliverances to Validate His Ministry to John the Baptist (11:1-6).
- Jesus Severely Rebukes Certain Cities Because His Healing Ministry Among Them Did Not Cause Them to Repent (11:20-24).
- Jesus Heals a Man of a Withered Hand on the Sabbath (12:9-14).
- Jesus Heals a Blind Mute by Casting Out Demons (12:22-30).
- Jesus Refers to Deliverance Ministry in a Classic Scripture (12:43-45).
- Jesus Heals Crowds in the land of Gennesaret (14:34-36).
- Jesus Casts a Demon Out of a Foreigner’s Daughter (15:21-28).
- Jesus Heals Crowds of Lame, Blind, Mute, Maimed, and Other Conditions (15:29-31).
- Jesus Casts a Demon Out of an Epileptic Boy (17:14-21).
- Jesus Heals Great Multitudes in Judea (19:1-2).
- Jesus Heals Two Blind Men (20:29-34).
List of Healings in the Book of Mark
- Jesus Casts a Demon Out of a Man in the Synagogue (1:21-28).
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law (1:29-31).
- Jesus Heals a Crowd in the Evening (1:32-34).
- Jesus Casts Demons Out of Many in the Synagogues (1:39).
- Jesus Heals a Leper (1:40-45).
- Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man (2:1-12).
- Jesus Heals a Man with a Withered Hand (3:1-6).
- Jesus Heals Great Multitudes (3:7-12).
- Jesus Gives His Disciples Power to Heal the Sick and Cast Out Demons (3:13-15).
- Jesus Accused of Casting Out Demons by the Power of Satan (3:20-30).
- Jesus Casts Demons Out of a Man in a Graveyard (5:1-20).
- Jesus Raises Jairus’ Daughter from the Dead (5:21-24, 35-43).
- Jesus Heals Woman of Hemorrhage (5:25-34).
- Jesus Prevented From Performing Mighty Miracles in His Home Town (6:1-6).
- Jesus Gives Power to His Disciples (6:7-12).
- Jesus Disciples Casts Out Demons and Heal Sick People (6:13).
- Jesus Heals Whoever Touches Him (6:53-56).
- Jesus Casts a Demon Out of a Girl (7:24-30).
- Jesus Heals a Deaf Mute (7:31-37).
- Jesus Heals a Blind Man in Bethsaida (8:22-26).
- Jesus Casts Demon Out of Deaf and Epileptic Boy (9:14-29).
- Unnamed Disciple Casts Out Demons (9:38-40).
- Jesus Heals Blind Man in Jericho (10:46-52).
- Jesus Promises Power to Cast Out Demons and Heal the Sick to All Believers (16:14-18).
- The Disciples Go Out and Heal and Deliver in Jesus’ Name (16:19-20).
List of Healings in the Book of Luke
- Jesus Declares His Ministry to the Sick and Demonized (4:16-30).
- Jesus Casts a Demon Out of the Man in the Synagogue (4:31-37).
- Jesus Heals Peter’s Mother-in-Law (4:38-39).
- Jesus Heals Multitudes at Sunset (4:40-41).
- Jesus Heals a Leper (5:12-16).
- The Power of the Lord is Present to Heal (5:17).
- Jesus Heals a Paralyzed Man (5:18-26).
- Jesus Heals a Man with a Withered Hand (6:6-11).
- Jesus Heals Crowds (6:17-19).
- Jesus Heals Centurion’s Servant (7:1-10).
- Jesus Raises Widow’s Son from the Dead (7:11-17).
- Jesus Heals Many of Sicknesses and Demons and Tells John’s Disciples to Report What They Have Seen (7:18-23).
- Many Women Were Healed of Evil Spirits and Sicknesses (8:1-3)
- Demonized Man Healed (8:26-39).
- Jesus Raises Girl from the Dead (8:40-42, 49-56).
- Jesus Heals Lady of Hemorrhage (8:43-48).
- Jesus Gives Authority to His Disciples to Cast Out Demons and Heal Sicknesses (9:1-6).
- Jesus Heals Crowds Who Had Followed Him (9:10-11).
- Jesus Heals Demonized Boy (9:37-43).
- Jesus Gives Power and Authority to Seventy Disciples to Cast Out Demons and Heal Sicknesses (10:1-12).
- Jesus Rebukes Certain Cities for Not Properly Responding to His Miracles of Healing and Deliverance (10:13-16).
- The Seventy Disciples Return and Report of their Healing Ministry (10:17-20).
- Jesus Casts Out a Mute Spirit (11:14-26).Jesus Heals Woman with a Crippling Spirit of Infirmity (13:10-17).
- Jesus Reaffirms His Miracle Healing Ministry to King Herod (13:31-33).
- Jesus Heals a Man with Dropsy (14:1-6).
- Jesus Heals Ten Lepers (17:11-19).
- Jesus Heals a Blind Man (18:35-43).
- Jesus Heals His Enemy’s Ear (49-51).
List of Healings in the Book of John
- Jesus Heals Paralyzed Man at the Pool of Bethesda (5:1-47).
- Jesus Heals a Man Born Blind (9:1-41).
- Jesus Raises Lazarus from the Dead (11:1-47).
List of Healings in the Book of Acts
- Peter and John Heal a Man Lame from Birth (3:1-1-26; 4:1-31).
- Christians Ask God to Validate Their Message with Healing, Signs, and Wonders (4:29-30).
- God Answers the Christians’ Prayer for Healings (31-32).
- The Apostles Heal and Deliver Many (5:12-16).
- Stephen, a Non-Apostle, Works Miracles (6:8-15; 7:1-60; 8:1-3).
- Philip, a Non-Apostle, Heals the Sick and Casts Out Demons (8:4-8).
- Paul is Healed by Ananias (9:1-19).
- Peter Heals Man of Paralysis (9:32-35).
- Peter Raises Lady from the Dead (9:36-42).
- Signs and Wonders Done by Paul and Barnabas (14:1-3).
- Paul Heals a Paralyzed Man (14:8-18).
- Paul Casts a Spirit of Divination Out of a Girl (16:16-40).
- Paul Works Unusual Miracles in Ephesus (19:11-20).
- Paul Heals Many on the Island of Malta (28:7-10).
List of Healings in the Book of Romans
- Abraham and Sarah Overcome Infertility and Receive a Child by Faith (4:1-25).
- Paul References His Miraculous Ministry to the Gentiles (15:18-20).
List of Healings in the Book of 1 Corinthian
- Supernatural Spiritual Gifts Discussed; Healing and Miracles Included (12-14).
List of Healings in the Book of Galatians
- Paul Asks Galatians about Miracles Performed in their Midst (3:1-5).
List of Healings in the Book of Ephesians
- Reference Made to Dedicated Public Ministries that Characteristically are to Exhibit Supernatural Gifts (4:7-16).
List of Healings in the Book of Philippians
- Epaphroditus, a Friend of Paul, Was Healed by God (25-30).
List of Healings in the Book of James
- Prayer for the Sick Encouraged (5:14-18).
List of Healings in the Book of 1 Peter
- Reference Made to Christ as Our Healer (2:24).
The great falling away is not a general falling away from the Christian faith that occurs in each generation. It is the specific, unique falling away that occurs in the last generation that ushers in...
The Bible says we will get a new body. But this body will not be new in the sense that it is created out of nothing. Instead, it will be a transformation of our present body. This is similar to the...